- These people are talking about their experiences. Complete the spaces with suitable words. First letters are given.
When I was playing football, I broke my ankle and was carried off the pitch on a S______________. I was taken to C______________________, where the doctor put a P_____________ cast on my leg. For the next two weeks I needed C_________________ to get around with.
I’m a hospital P_________________. You’ll see me pushing trolleys or wheelchairs, or carrying supplies from one department to another. Typically, I collect people who’ve just come out of S________________, where they’ve had an O__________________, and take them to their W________________, where they stay and recover.
I was S________________ on the hand by a wasp, which may sound no big deal, but I’m A_________________ to such things. The doctor gave me some cream and put my arm in a S__________________. She said I should keep the hand exposed to the air rather than put a P_______________ on it.
- Describe symptoms of a heart attack. Also describe first aid procedure.
III. Translate into English.
- Ponesrečencu zrahljajte tesno obleko in odpnite srajco ter pas.
- Najprej pogasite ogenj.
- Rano izperite z jodom.
- Kakšno dozo naj mu dam?
- Naj obvežem rano?
- First conditional. Put the verbs in brackets into the correct form.
- I (give) _________ you a ring if I (get) _________ any information.
- What (he, do) _______________ if he (not receive) __________ her letter?
- If Jack (call) __________ while I’m away, tell him I (be) _________ back by Friday.
- If she (not understand) _______________ your explanation, how (she, be able) ____________ to do her homework?
- Second conditional. Put the verbs in brackets into the correct form.
- If we (be) ____________ rich, we (can) ___________ afford a new car.
- They (spend) __________ a few more days at the seaside if the weather (be) ____________ nice.
- I (knock) ____________ on our neighbours’ door if I (need) __________ help.
- If I (leave) __________ my wife, she (be) _________ very upset.
- Third conditional. Put the verbs in brackets into the correct form.
- If he (not murder) _______________ a woman years ago, he (join) ___________ the police force.
- I (move) __________ to a bigger house a long time ago if I (not live) ___________ alone.
- Ismael (not be able) ____________ to work in Germany at that time if he (not get) ____________ a visa.
- If you (take) _____________ that medicine, you (feel) ___________ a lot better.
VII. Mixed conditionals. Put the verbs in brackets into the correct form.
- The girl is still feverish. You will have to take her to hospital if she (not feel) _____________ better by midnight.
- If I (be) ____________ a good boy, my mother (never, cry) ___________, but I’m not.
- I (speak) ___________ English a lot better if I (be) __________ born in England.
VIII. Complete the following sentences. They should make sense.
- If I were in your shoes _____________________________________________________________
- If you eat your soup _______________________________________________________________
- I’ll let you know if ___________________________________________________________________
- What would your boss do if__________________________________________________________?
- If you should meet her _______________________________________________________________
- Complete the dialogues.
- A: Do you know I’ve __________________________ £200 this week on food
B: That’s a lot. Have you got a big family?
- A: Oh, no. I’ve left my money at home. Could you _________________________ £10? I’ll pay you back tomorrow?
B: No, I can’t. I’ve already had to _______________________ some money from my brother.
- A: Was the holiday expensive?
B: No, not really. We ______________________ £50 a night for the hotel, and the flight _____________________ us about £150.
A: Are you going away this year again?
B: No, I’m afraid I’m not. I can’t ______________________ it.
- Complete the definitions.
- The amount of money people pay for things in a country is called the ______________________ of living.
- The level of money and comfort people have is called their ____________________ of living.
- The type of money used in a country is called a _________________________.
- The money children receive from their parents or grandparents is called ___________________ (two words).
- Different sorts of bank cards are usually referred to as ______________________________ (two words).
- If your current account is overdrawn you are ____________________________ or debit.
- What would you do if you won €1,000,000? Discuss this in a short composition of 70 words.
XII. Future time clauses. All these sentences are about the future. Put verbs into the correct form (will future and the present simple).
- As soon as Dad (arrive) ________________, we (start) ______________ eating.
- When I (see) __________ Tom tomorrow, I (invite) ________________ him to a party.
- Stan (call) ____________ you as soon as he (arrive) _______________ in London.
- Everyone (be) ______________ surprised if he (pass) ______________ the exam.
- Come on! Hurry up! Stella (be) _____________ annoyed if we (be) ______________ late.